[su_youtube url=”https://youtu.be/20YSRoG7hI4″] [su_expand more_text=”Show More”] Georgia Poison Prevention Educators, like yourself, help make it possible to reach all counties across Georgia. As a registered Poison Prevention Educator with the Georgia Poison Center, you are encouraged to:
- Share poison prevention information with your family, friends, co-workers, and/or community by using educational materials provided to you in the resource center
- Create awareness about the Georgia Poison Center
- Promote the toll-free helpline number 1-800-222-1222
*Poison Prevention Educators should never answer poison specific and/or treatment questions nor give treatment advice. All questions should be directed to the GPC helpline where our trained specialist in poison information have access to the most up-to-date information. As a registered Poison Prevention Educator with the Georgia Poison Center you will have access to educational tools and materials. Here are a few items you will receive for free:
- Certificate of Completion
- Access to the online educational resource page
- Free materials for events
- The GPC will supply you with up to 100 poison prevention materials free for distribution at events. Additional materials are available for purchase.
- The GPC request that you only order enough materials for your estimated audience.
- To request materials please submit Program Request Form
- To stay eligible for free materials, educators are required to return a Program Report Form after every program.