Welcome to the Georgia Poison Center’s Poison Prevention Training Program.
By completing this course you will become a Poison Prevention Educator for the Georgia Poison Center. We hope that after completing this program you will be well equipped to teach others about poisonings and what to do in a poisoning emergency. Anyone living and/or working in Georgia is welcome to complete the course and utilize the online poison prevention resource center. If you do not live/work in Georgia, please contact your local poison center for available trainings and resources.
After completion of all lessons, quizzes, test, and evaluation you will gain full access to the resource center. To access your course outline click here.
- Introduction and Pre-Test
- Lesson 1: About U.S. Poison Centers And The Georgia Poison Center
- Lesson 2: Understanding The Poisoning Problem
- Lesson 3: Common Poisons And Prevention
- Lesson 4: What To Do In Case Of A Poisoning
- Lesson 5: Sharing Poison Prevention Information With Your Community
- Post-Test and Evaluation
This course has been approved for 8 credit hours for EMS and Firefighters.
If you have any questions please contact the Georgia Poison Center Education Department at 404-616-9235.
We appreciate your time and commitment to this program.