By completing the Poison Prevention Training you will become a Poison Prevention Educator for the Georgia Poison Center. We hope that after completing this program you will be well equipped to teach others about poisonings and what to do in a poisoning emergency. Anyone living and/or working in Georgia is welcome to complete the course and utilize the online poison prevention resource center. If you do not live/work in Georgia, please contact your local poison center for available trainings and resources.
After completion of all lessons, quizzes, test, and evaluation you will gain full access to the resource center.
- Module 1: Introduction and Pre-Test
- Module 2: About U.S. Poison Centers And The Georgia Poison Center
- Module 3: Understanding The Poisoning Problem
- Module 4: Common Poisons And Prevention
- Module 5: What To Do In Case Of A Poisoning
- Module 6: Sharing Poison Prevention Information With Your Community
- Module 7: Post-Test and Evaluation
It takes approximately two hours to complete this course but progress is saved so you do not have to finish it in one sitting. We appreciate your time and commitment to this program!