By completing the Poison Prevention Training you will become a Poison Prevention Educator for the Georgia Poison Center. We hope that after completing this program you will be well equipped to teach others about poisonings and what to do in a poisoning emergency. Anyone (13 years of age or older) living and/or working in Georgia is welcome to complete the course and utilize the online poison prevention resource center. If you do not live/work in Georgia, please contact your local poison center for available trainings and resources.
After completion of all lessons, quizzes, test, and evaluation you will gain full access to the resource center.
- Module 1: Introduction and Pre-Test
- Module 2: About U.S. Poison Centers And The Georgia Poison Center
- Module 3: Understanding The Poisoning Problem
- Module 4: Common Poisons And Prevention
- Module 5: What To Do In Case Of A Poisoning
- Module 6: Sharing Poison Prevention Information With Your Community
- Module 7: Post-Test and Evaluation
Your progress is saved as you complete each unit so you do not have to finish it in one sitting. We appreciate your time and commitment to this program!
Continuing Education Hours
- Bright from the Start
Approved Entity Code: AE-BFTS-53.
Competency Goals: 1-3, 1-4, ADM-2 / Clock Hours: 6.0 / Training Level: Beginning
- EMS and Firefighters - 8 credit hours
- Nursing - This activity has been approved for 6 contact hours of continuing nursing education. Licensed nurses must view the presentation in its entirety and complete the course evaluation in order to receive continuing education credit. Continuing education credit will be provided through the Georgia Department of Health. Georgia Department of Public Health is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Alabama Nurses State Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. No influential financial relationships have been disclosed by planners or presenters which would influence the planning of this activity. No commercial support has influenced the planning of the educational objectives and content of this activity. This activity is eligible to award contact hours until 01/16/2021.